This refers to the enrolled students who obtained an admission from an external university and an administrative decision was issued for her to start studying, and she will be granted a partial study leave for the normal period of completion of the programme.
1. The Saudi Cultural Bureau is responsible for paying the tuition fees, issuing the financial guarantee and renewing it, as well as providing the student with health insurance while being at the country of the external university. This procedure is based on the administrative resolution mentioned in Article No. (9).
2. The student receives her full monthly salary with all the allowances.
3. The student receives return tickets for herself and her guardian when visiting the external university.
4. The student receives compensation for the visa fees to travel to the external university for herself and her guardian.
5. The student receives compensation for the visit of what is the equivalent to one month's salary of the first level salary of her position, upon completion of the required eight weeks period for each academic year.
6. The university provides equipment and materials needed for studying which are unavailable in the student’s department, upon the recommendations of the Vice Rector for Graduate Studies and the General Supervisor, based on the recommendation of the college deen and the department, as well as supervisors.
7. The student receives the allowance of books and references annually as stated in Article No. (24) of the Rules of Scholarship and Training for Faculty Members.
8. The student receives the allowance of printing and binding only once, as stated in Article No. (25) of the Rules of Scholarship and Training for Faculty Members committee.
9. The student may travel to visit the external University during the semester under the supervision of the external and the internal supervisor, and coordination with the department and approval of the EJSP.
1. Not joining more than one programme at once.
2. The student must register at the Saudi Cultural Bureau.
3. Traveling to the location of the external university once a year:
- For a period of at least eight weeks, and exceptions can be made upon the consent of the Standing Committee of the programme, based on the recommendations of the General Supervisor and the Departmental and the College Board, as well as the internal and external supervisors.
- The eight weeks travel period can be divided over a maximum of two visits.
- A minimum of five days per visit must be spent when visiting the external university.
- The student must submit a progress report on each visit to the external university after getting it approved by the external supervisor.
4. The student must adhere to the rules and regulations of the external university where she has been accepted concerning academic affairs, which are corufirming to the previously mentioned rules.
5. Complying to the rules and regulations by attending all preparatory programmes required by the external university.
6. Complying to the advice and guidance provided by her supervisors.
7. Participating in the preparation of an appropriate plan of visits to complete the programme within the normal time period of study in coordination with the supervisors as planned.
8. Maintaining academic progress and committing to the research plan.
9. Participating in the coordination for the external supervisor visit with the internal supervisor and the department for each visit of the external supervisor.
10. Submitting a semi-annual report to the administration of EJSP about her academic progress.
11. Presenting a lecture about her research annually about what has been completed in her research starting from the beginning of the second year, and submitting a report on the lecture to the supervisors and the programme administration.
12. Presenting a paper at least once in refereed international conferences or symposia.
13. Complying with the rules and regulations of the Saudi Cultural Bureau.
14. Complying with the rules and regulations of the programme administration and the decisions of the Standing Committee.
15. Attending meetings in relation to the student or her supervisors with the programme administration whenever needed.
16. Getting updated about any developments related to the programme and attending its related meetings.
17. Committing to work at the university after the end of study and obtaining the degree from the external university for a period equal to the normal period of study. A part of the year is considered a full year, otherwise the student will be required to pay the financial costs paid by the university.