This refers to the member of teaching staff nominated by the external university to supervise the student as a main supervisor.
The university pays the costs of a return ticket from the location of the external university to KSU’s location. In addition to this, the visit visa is issued, as well as housing, transportation and living expenses -which are covered- based on the approval of the Vice Rector for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.
- Providing academic supervision for the student during the period of her study.
- Supervising the research time-line, as well as planning a suitable schedule of visits to enable the student to complete the programme within the normal period of study in coordination with the internal supervisor and the student within a period not exceeding three months from the start of the programme of study.
- Supervising the research plan.
- Cooperating effectively with the internal supervisor to enable the student to complete the programme within the normal period of study.
- Attending the meetings of the internal supervisor and the students with the programme administration whenever needed.
- Preparing and submitting a detailed semi-annual report about the student’s progress and submitting it to the programme administration.
- Endorsing the semi-annual report prepared by the student about her study.
- Endorsing the student’s reports of visits to the external university.
- If the student showed an unsatisfactory academic level, the supervisor must notify the programme administration.
- Committing to visit the university once or twice a year for a period of five days per visit to meet with the student and the internal supervisor, and discuss the results of the study. The external supervisor may also give a lecture or a workshop during the visit. If the external supervisor is unable to visit KSU he/she should nominate someone to take over.
- Submitting a report on each visit to the programme administration.